- These General Conditions apply to all offers by GUARDO and to all agreements with GUARDO.
- In addition to these General Conditions other conditions may apply to certain services and/or products, if explicitly mentioned. If there are differences between the additional conditions and the General Conditions, the provisions in the additional conditions apply above these of the General Conditions, unless specified otherwise.
- One or more provisions of these General Conditions can be waived if explicitly agreed in writing. In that case, the other provisions of these conditions remain in full force.
- Any General Conditions used by the Buyer do not apply, unless explicitly agreed in writing by GUARDO.
- GUARDO reserves the right to change and/or complete the General Conditions at any time for future orders.
- By using the GUARDO website and/or placing an order, the Buyer accepts these General Conditions and all other rights and obligations as stated on the website.
2. OFFERS AND DEVELOPMENT OF AGREEMENTS
- Offers are valid while stocks lasts.
- An agreement is concluded when a confirmation of the order is sent to the Buyer to the given e-mail address.
- The Buyer and GUARDO agree that by using the electronic ways of communication a valid contract is established. In particular the lack of a signature does not affect the binding nature of the offer and its acceptance. GUARDO’s electronic files apply here as a presumption of proof, as far as the law allows this.
- The Buyer is responsible for providing its correct and exact coordinates (name, address, e-mail address, phone number) when placing an order. In case of error in the coordinates GUARDO cannot be held responsible for failure of delivery. In this case the costs of a new delivery will be borne by the Buyer.
- The Buyer should always mention its order number in any electronical communication towards GUARDO.
- Information, images, oral communications, statements etc. regarding all offers and the main characteristics of the products given by e-mail are provided or done as accurately as possible.
- All prices are in Euro and include VAT.
- Offers are only valid while stocks last.
- The Buyer owes the price that GUARDO announces in its confirmation. Obvious (manipulation) mistakes in the price, e.g. evident errors, can be corrected by GUARDO even after the conclusion of the agreement.
- Shipping costs are clearly communicated to the Buyer.
- The total price mentioned on the order confirmation is the final price, including VAT and shipping costs.
- After placing an order, the Buyer will receive an order confirmation by e-mail, within 48 hours, indicating the total price of the order.
- Orders through the website may be paid in one of the following ways:
- Credit card: Mastercard / VISA
- Maestro / Bancontact
- Payments are made in a completely safe en secure online environment.
- If a payment is done by credit card, it is subject to the conditions of the card issuer. GUARDO is not a party in the relationship between the Buyer and the card issuer.
5. DELIVERY AND DELIVERY TIME
- Normally delivery will take place within 4 days for Belgium and the Netherlands, excluding weekends and holidays, and while stocks lasts. It is not possible to pick up your product. Delivery times for other countries will be calculated based on the specifiic location and time schedule.
- We do our best to deliver within the delivery time stipulated, however, the periods set for delivery are not binding.
- If GUARDO is not able to deliver the ordered goods within 30 days after the order confirmation date, GUARDO will inform the Buyer electronically. The Buyer has the right to cancel the order, and will receive a refund for the total price as mentioned on the order confirmation.
- If the Buyer orders a product that is currently out of stock, GUARDO will inform the Buyer electronically.
- Deliveries will be made to the address mentioned by the Buyer in the agreement.
6. DEFECTS AND COMPLAINT TERM
- The Buyer is obligated to closely inspect the products immediately after delivery.
- Complaints of the Buyer, regarding the defects of the product or the delivery, which are visible, have to be submitted to GUARDO in writing within 14 days after delivery.
7. RIGHT OF RENUNCIATION / RETURN POLICY
- GUARDO products are not sold on a trial basis. We can be contacted by e-mail to answer any questions or give advice before purchase. It is therefore the responsibility of the customer to place a correct order.
- The Buyer may exercise the right of renunciation within 14 days after delivery of the product without a penalty and without giving any reason.
- There is no right of renunciation when the product and the packaging are no longer in their original, complete, undamaged and unused state. All documentation and packaging materials should be enclosed with the return.
- In case of execution of the right of renunciation, the Buyer is obligated to report this to GUARDO by e-mail to email@example.com within 14 days after delivery. The product will have to be returned to GUARDO in the same condition in which it was received. GUARDO will provide the return address of the goods. Goods have to be sent to this address, transportation charges prepaid.
- If the Buyer uses the right of renunciation, GUARDO will pay back the paid amount, excluding the shipping costs, within 30 days into the account that the Buyer has indicated to GUARDO.
GUARDO is a registered trademark of TE-Group NV.
The GUARDO brand stands for superior product quality and outstanding customer service. That is why GUARDO warrants this product against all defects in material and workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of original purchase of the product, unless otherwise mentioned on the manual included in the package. The conditions of this limited guarantee and the extent of responsibility of GUARDO under this limited guarantee are as follows:
- This guarantee is limited to the original purchaser of the product and is not transferable to any subsequent purchaser/end user.
- During the limited guarantee period, the sole responsibility of GUARDO will be limited to repair or replace, at its option, any defective parts of the product if this is needed because of malfunction or failure under normal use and conditions. No charge shall be made to the customer for parts and/or repair labor.
- The product must be shipped to an authorized service center in its original and complete packaging, with transportation charges prepaid. GUARDO will not assume responsibility for any losses or damages during transportation.
- To obtain repair or replacement within the terms of this guarantee, the customer must provide (a) a proof of purchase (e.g. dated bill of sale); (b) a written specification of the defect(s); (c) a return address and phone number.
- This limited guarantee does not cover and is void with respect to the following:(a)Products which have been subjected to improper installation, unauthorized repair, (b)Improper maintenance, unauthorized modifications or other acts which are not the fault of GUARDO; (c) Products which have been subjected to misuse, abuse, neglect, improper handling and storage, an accident or physical damage;(d) Products which have been subjected to fire, water, excessive humidity, sand, dirt, extreme changes in temperature or other conditions which are beyond the control of GUARDO; (e) Products which have been used with non-GUARDO approved accessories; (f) Products which have the serial number altered, defaced or removed; (g) Products which have been opened, altered, repaired or modified by any unauthorized service center.
- Excluded from any guarantee are consumable items which may need replacing due to normal wear and tear, such as batteries, ear cushions, decorative parts and other accessories.
- This limited guarantee gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from country to country.
- Excluded from the guarantee are eg.: problems with your PC or Internet, damage to your car and fines.
9. FORCE MAJEURE
- In case of force majeure, GUARDO is not required to keep its obligations towards the other party.
- Force majeure includes any circumstance beyond its control that completely or partially prevents the fulfillment of its obligations towards the other party. Those circumstances include strikes, fires, business disturbances, power failures, disruptions in the (telecommunications) network or connections or used communication systems and/or the website being unavailable at any time, non or late delivery by third parties.